Apply for Graduate Software Developer
Reference Code: LS468
Epic Jobs - View Job
Graduate Software Developer
Newcastle upon Tyne £18000 - £20000
Working within an agile software development team, this Graduate Software Developer role will develop new and existing software products and services to enable the company to produce robust web and desktop software that satisfies both user and business requirements. The job holder will be a key part of the growing software development team and will be expected to contribute to all stages of software development.
Key Graduate Software Developer Responsibilities
- Plan, design and prioritise your work to ensure software functionality, delivery schedules, deadlines and quality standards set by the Senior Software Developer, or Software Development Manager are met for both for software and associated documentation.
- Produce new software products and enhance/repair existing software as agreed by the relevant staff.
- Liaise with colleagues in the other development teams to ensure alignment of work schedules and maximum efficiency.
- Keep up to date with developments of software engineering, including research and the participation in in-house knowledge sharing seminars.
- Ensure that the correct software technology and methodology is chosen for new products and that current products are updated to new technologies.
Graduate Software Developer skills, qualifications and experience:
- 1st class honours degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good people skills and a good communicator.
- Experience developing object orientated software (.NET is preferable).
- Experience programming with Microsoft programming languages (C# is preferable).
- Experience of web development platforms (ASP.NET is preferable)
- Experience in working with SQL Server and excellent understanding of database design
- Other programming experience such as XML; XSL, and C++ is a plus.
If you are interested in the advertised Graduate Software Developer position please apply through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT.