Castle Keep Overnight Ghost Hunt - Are you brave enough?
The Castle Keep of Newcastle upon Tyne was built by Henry II between the years of 1168-1178 and is one of the
finest surviving examples of a Norman Keep in the country. The Castle Keep is a Grade 1 listed building, a
Scheduled Ancient monument, and is open to the public 361 days of the year as a heritage visitor attraction.
Owned by Newcastle City Council it is leased to and managed by the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne,
the second oldest antiquarian society in the world.
Hosted by Haunted Rooms, this special hair-raising event promises to include:
• Welcome meeting
• A walk-around the keep with the resident medium
• A medium-ship vigil with the resident medium in the museum, including dowsing, scrying mirror, pendulums and
• A séance in the Mezzanine chamber, thought to be a holding cell for the prisoners and considered one of the most
frightening rooms in the keep
• A Victoriana vigil in the Great Hall and King’s Chamber
• A walk up to the third floor gallery for a ‘calling out’ session
• An equipment vigil in the Garrison room and Chapel with a brave member or members who want to volunteer to spend
some time alone in the Pit room
Refreshments including hot and cold drinks, brownies, sausage rolls and chocolate bars will be provided at various
breaks throughout the night to keep your energies up. Don’t look behind you!
Friday, August 23, 2013 - 21:00 - 03:30
Adult £49.99 per ticket (£20 deposit required).
To book go to the Haunted Rooms website
Castle Keep, Castle Garth, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE1 1RQ